A big thank you to for honouring me with my first Kreativ Blogger Award.
It’s a pleasure to receive this award.
‘s blog is quite unique and fun.
I found out that I won the award from this comment that Lady in Red left on my blog, “Loved your post at Jax’s and love this one too! It’s always such a pleasure to read a happy message! I’ve given you an award – if you’re into this sort of thing stop by my blog and happily collect it! ”
Here are the Kreativ Blogger’s questions:
1. What is your favourite song?
I’ve got a lot of favourite songs. It’s hard to pick one out. I’m choosing Whitney Houston’s ‘I Will Always Love You’ because it reminds me of my middle daughter. When that song came out, she used to walk around the house singing it on top of her lungs. Every time I hear it, I think about her and it brings a smile to my lips.
2. What is your favourite desert?
It’s got to be lemon cake and custard. Yummy! I could eat that 24/7.
3. What do you do when you are upset?
When I’m upset I clean, hoover, wash up, polish or anything to do with housework or gardening. That’s how I release stress. By the time I’ve worked up a sweat, I feel much more relaxed and calm. I find it extremely therapeutic.
4. Which is your favourite pet?
Cats. I’ve got a cat called Cookie. I’ve had him since he was 3 weeks old. He’s now 8. He’s a fat, long-haired, flully black cat. However, we’ve got a new addition to the cat family. My daughter surprised me one day and turned up with a cat in her arms. That was how we acquired Tiggy. She is a pretty, feisty 8 months old cat. She can’t resist attacking poor Cookie, who was happily plodding along until Tiggy came on the scene.
5. Which do you prefer, white or whole wheat?
I love whole wheat. It taste better and it’s good for you. Or so they say!
6. What is your biggest fear?
Dropping my iPhone down the toilet. Hahaha!
No, seriously! My biggest fear is being in the dark. I hate it! I think it’s spooky being in a dark place where there is no light.
7. What is your attitude mostly?
I’m easy going and love helping others. I try to be optimistic and believe that it’s important to be nice and share love. If there was more love around, the world would be a better place.
Now for ten random facts.
1. I grew up in a beautiful town in the country in Jamaica. We had no electricity. My grandmother used to tell us ghost stories at nights as we walked home along the dark pathways. Maybe that’s why I hate the dark now.
2. My first car was a red Ford fiesta. I was so proud of that car, until I crashed it trying to reverse around a corner.
3. I was attracted to my first boyfriend because of his thighs. I though he had the fittest thighs ever! How sad is that?
4. I love walking in the park, especially among the flowers. The vibrant colours and aromas does something to my senses. It makes me aware of how wonderful creation is.
5. When I was a little girl my wish was to be an author. I have always wanted to write a book. Writing has been a passion for many, many years. And the book is surely coming. Watch this space …
6. I miss my daddy. He died 12 years ago but I still miss him so much. He was my best friend and so easy to get on with. I used to be able to talk to him about anything. He was really funny as well and used to crack me up with his jokes.
7. My biggest achievement was going to university and graduating as a teacher. It was an awesome experience. I love studying.
8. I don’t like violence or violent people. I’ve been in some violent situations and I find it terribly stressful.
9. I love mangoes. I could eat them till the cows come home. We had a massive mango tree in our yard in Jamaica. It produced the sweetest mangoes ever. Just thinking about them is making my mouth water!
10. I am blessed to have a wonderful family and some great friends and I love them dearly. I thank God every morning when I wake up, just for the fact that I woke up and I’ve got people who I love and who love me in my life.
The Kreativ Award comes with a few guidelines. So I’m listing the rules:
1. Thank and link back to the awarding blog.
2. Answer seven questions about yourself
3. Provide 10 random factoids about yourself.
4. Hand the award on to seven 7 deserving others.
I am passing the award on to other blogs which I think deserve it. here are the list of bloggers I would like to give the Kreativ Blogger Award to. I’ve only just discover some of these blogs.
1. Raviolis and Waterworks I love this blog. Jax has been a loyal reader and commenter on my blog for many months. She is a very good blogging friend to me. Jax invited me to write my first guest post which she published last Friday. She has some awesome readers and they wrote some lovely comments on my post.
2. I’m giving this award to Lady in Red because although we’ve only just met, she’s been so supportive. I’m thrilled to receive this award from Lady in Red. To show my appreciation, I’m returning the honour. Plus, her blog is worth seeing and reading.
3. Kamaria’s Kiss I like the way Adia writes because it’s from her heart. I actually met this lady and she is a warm, friendly person. I giving this award to Kamaria’s Kiss to encourage her to post more often on her blog.
4. Thrive Rescue Home This blog is inspirational. It deserves an award for the amazing things Jennifer and Jeremy are doing in Thailand. Rescuing those children from sex trafficking is a fantastic and caring thing to do.
5. Single Mommy Files I’m a single mum as well and I believe we should stick together and support each other. This blog has a lot of good stuff on it. All single mummies deserves awards for doing a good job in raising their children.
6. So Tootsie I love the way Faye mixes poetry with articles. I am very passionate about poems. When I started writing, poems were the only things I wrote. It brings out my deep feelings. I’m giving So Tootsie this award because her blog is also similar to mine.
7. A Bloggers Book Anne’s blog is very motivational. She has tons of free stuff for writers to help develop their skills and ways to make money from writing. Ann also left some encouraging words and good advice for me on my blog. This award is to say thank you.
I am adding one more award to give to a deserving lady. Clover is a fantastic entertainer and also my best friend. We go back many years. She started off her entertainment business as a singer, then as a clown. Clover has built up her entertainment business to what it is now. She has worked hard and even through she has had some challenges, she didn’t quit. She has been my no.1 supporter and encouraged me from the first day that I started with this blog. She deserves this award for being there for me and for perseverance to get to where she is today.
I hope you like your award and will collect it and wear it with pride on your blog. Happy blogging!