Valentine’s Day Verses the Single Woman
Valentine’s Day is nearly here. How do you feel? Let’s face it – you’re probably not liking this time of year. At the end of the day, Valentine’s Day and the single woman are not best friends, right? It’s all about couples loving up each other. And who do you have to shower love gifts on you?
Your mind is probably working overtime thinking about couples having fun, celebrating. While you’ll be home alone. But, guess what? You’re not alone. You do have someone to celebrate Valentine’s with. That person is the most important person in the world. Because that person is you. Oh yes!
So, let’s get ready to have some Valentine’s Day fun…
You’re a beautiful and strong woman. It’s time to appreciate you. Love you. Have fun. And spend quality time with you. You don’t need a man to do that for you. You can do it by yourself, for yourself.
Are you ready to show the world you’re single and happy? It’s not the time to sit at home alone and brood. It’s time to stand tall. Walk confidently. Smile. And exhale power.
Right! Valentine’s Day, I’m ready for you.
- First stop is the hairdressers. Get your hair done, get a trim, a weave, braids or whatever hairstyle will make you feel good about yourself. Walk out of that salon feeling and looking like the queen you are. You deserve to treat yourself.
- The second stop is a hand and feet pampering session. Go get a manicure and pedicure. Relax, sit back and enjoy having your toenails and feet get some love.
- Find a single’s night event where you won’t have to mix with couples smooching. Go out, have fun and meet other singles. Click on this link Valentine’s singles events for more information. Do you want to eat, dance, go to a pub or try speed dating? Whatever you fancy for the night (within reason, of course) go ahead and do it.
- What about a visit to the theatre with one of your single girlfriends? You won’t feel out of place here. There are lots of theatres to choose from in London or in most cities. Google theatres for the nearest ones to you.
- Read a unique eBook about the unusual men on dating sites looking for love. Or for whatever else they can get. This eBook will crack you up. Laughter is good for the soul. If you want a good belly laugh, it’s a must-read. There is no way you can read this book and not laugh. I challenge you to try it. It’s a diary of events written by a single woman as she documented her single journey on various dating site. Single Rarities is a fun book, down to earth with honest experiences of the writer. It will make you feel better as a single woman on Valentine’s Day.
- Plan a single girl’s get together. Order takeaway Indian, Chinese or whatever you like. Better still, each of you could cook and bring food to share. Put on some CD’s, listen to music, chat, dance and have a laugh.
- Do you need pampering? If so, arrange for a Mary Kay consultant to come over. Have a pampering party. Invite some close friends to come and get a facial, satin hands treatment and makeup trial. This will leave you feeling refreshed and relaxed.
- If you really want to do something different, a game of 10 pin bowling will do the job. Pop over to your local bowling club or bowling alley. Google bowling for a list of local clubs. Some bowling clubs have bars, American style foods, video games or even Karaoke rooms. This is one of the best fun Valentine’s night with other single women friends.
- Bring the cinema to your house. Invite a few friends over to watch your favourite DVDs. Buy lots of popcorn, ice cream and juice or wine. To create the right atmosphere, turn off the lights and hook up your TV to the speakers, if possible. Kick back, watch some great films and enjoy the evening.
OK! There is no reason you should stay at home wallowing alone on Valentine’s Day. Although you’re single, you can still have loads of fun. While couples are out romancing the night away, you’ll be doing what makes you happy. It’s a win, win situation.
Over to you…
What do you plan to do for Valentine’s Day? Does anything on this list appeal to you? Or can you add anything to it? I would love to hear your thoughts. Please share in the comment box below.