Ten Wonderful Ways to Express Your Love on Mothers Day 2012
“God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers.” ~ Inspirational Quotes on Mother’s Day by: Jewish proverb
Mother’s Day gives you the opportunity to express your love and gratitude to your mum. If she is no longer alive, use the day to reflect on the delightful memories of her. It doesn’t matter how old you are, your will always be there for you. In your mother’s home, age doesn’t disqualify you from entering. So, among the busyness of life, take time out on Sunday 18 March, and show your mum how much you love and appreciate her.
“No gift to your mother can ever equal her gift to you – life” ~Inspirational Quotes on Mother’s Day by: Anonymous quotes
1. Treat your mum to a delicious home cooked meal. Invite her to your place. Dress the table fit for a Queen with candles and her favourite drink. Serve her a lovely three-course meal that will melt her heart. And give her a bunch of her favourite flowers to take home.
2. Take her to the cinema and don’t forget to treat her to a big bowl of popcorn and ice cream. There’s a warm, funny, feel good factor family film showing in local cinemas. It’s called ‘We Bought a Zoo’ starring Matt Damon and Scarlett Johansson. The film is about a true story. It’s sure to make her smile.
3. How about making a lovely ‘Yummy Mummy Scrub’ to pamper your mum. Get a clear, clean jar. Fill it halfway with salt or sugar and top up with baby oil. Add a little drop of your mum’s favourite essential oil. Mix well. Put the lid on the jar to cover it. Cut a square piece of floral or any pretty fabric. Place it over the lid so that it hangs down the jar by 3cm on each side. Tie a lace ribbon around the fabric to keep it in place. Lastly, write the instructions on a sticky label: ‘Rub the scrub all over your body, and then soak away your stresses in the bath. When the sugar or salt dissolves, the mixture will do magic on your skin.’ Stick the label to the bottom of the jar.
4. Boots is offering up to ½ prices on fragrances and electrical beauty products. The deals are available in the larger Boot’s stores. The fragrance offers ends on the 18 March. So, you need to hurry to grab these bargains.
5. If you’re good with your hands, your mum would love these hand-made ‘Twine Vases.’ Buy some lovely artificial flowers. Get two or three unusual or nicely shaped bottles. Peel the labels off. Wash and dry them. Get some PVA glue and different coloured twine. Working from the top of the bottles, coat an inch with the glue. Wrap the twine tightly around the bottles. Don’t leave any gaps. Keep adding more glue. Continue wrapping the twine around the bottles until you get to the bottom. Leave the bottles to dry. Add the flowers and present your gift to your mum.
“When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” ~ Inspirational Quotes on Mothers Day by: Sophia Loren, Women and Beauty
6. Spoil your mum with an Apple 8GB iPod Nano. You can order it from www.very.co.uk or telephone 0844 822 2321 to place your order. The iPod sells for £149.00.
7. If you’re short of cash, show you care by buying her an ‘I Love You Mummy Pocket Journal’ for £30 from www.noblemacmillan.com. Telephone number 020 7581 4178. She can use the journal to record her thoughts.
8. Fancy doing something different for your mum on Mother’s Day? You could give her an experience she’ll never forget. Treat her to an awesome Turkish Bath in Harrogate. Allow 2 1/2 hours for the visit. The session starts with a trip to the steam room to get rid of tension. That’s followed by a shower and then a dip in the plunge pool. Next there are three inter-connecting hot room chambers: the Tepidarium (warm), the Calidarium (hot) and the Laconium (hottest). Lastly, she will be able to cool down in the Frigidarium, which is the relaxation room. http://www.harrogate.gov.uk/pages/harrogate-1100.aspx Telephone number: 01423 556746
9. Ever thought about the mystery surrounding Stonehenge? The World Heritage Site of Stonehenge is in Wiltshire. People have wondered if it was a healing centre, burial site or a temple. How did those enormous stones get there? This remarkable structure is bound to fascinate your mum.
10. Does your mum like chocolates? Give her the opportunity to get involved in chocolate making at the ‘Slattery School of Excellence.’ She will learn all about the different techniques used to make chocolates. And indulge her taste buds as well. www.slattery.co.uk Telephone no. 0161 767 9303
“Nobody knows of the work it makes, to keep the home together. Nobody knows of the steps it takes. Nobody knows-but Mother.” ~ Inspirational Quotes on Mother’s Day: Anonymous
Photo by: Phaitoon