It’s Valentine’s Day Again and You’re Still Single
Valentine’s Day is here again and you’re still single. How do you feel? Be honest… You’re probably not enjoying this time of the year. At the end of the day, Valentine’s Day is all about couples loving up each other. And, who do you have to buy you flowers, chocolates, gifts or whatever?
Guess what? It’s okay to feel lonely. But don’t let that feeling dominate you. And you mustn’t allow self-pity to ruin your day. Also, refuse to sing the “I wish I wasn’t single” song.
Because, you’re not alone. You do have someone to celebrate Valentine’s Day with. In fact, you have a VIP (very important person) to celebrate Valentine’s Day with. In case you’re wondering who that is, I’ll tell you. That person is extra special to you. Because, that person is you.
Yes, you heard me right.
If you’re anything like me, you’ll see Valentine’s Day like any other day. That’s why last year I was happy to talk about being proud to be single on Valentine’s Day on the Victoria Derbyshire Show. You can watch the BBC 2 TV interview here.
Get ready to have some Valentine’s Day fun…
The most important thing is, you’re alive. That’s enough reason to give thanks and celebrate your life. Appreciate yourself. Love yourself. Spend quality time with you. You don’t need a man to do that. You can do it all by yourself. Or with your single girlfriends.
It’s not the time to sit at home alone and brood. It’s time to stand tall. Walk confidently. Smile. And exhale power.
Are you ready to show the world you’re single and happy?
Right! Valentine’s Day, I’m ready for you…
- First stop is the hairdressers. Get your hair done. Try out a new colour or go for a brand-new look. Choose whatever hairstyle will make you feel good about yourself. Walk out of that salon feeling and looking like the queen you are. You deserve to treat yourself.
- The second stop is a hand and feet pampering session. Go get a manicure and pedicure. Relax, sit back and enjoy having your finger nails, toe nails and feet get some tender loving care.
- Next, find a singles Valentine’s Day event where you don’t have to mix with couples smooching. Go out, have fun and meet other singles. Do you want to eat, dance, go to a pub or try speed dating? Whatever you fancy for the night (within reason, of course) go ahead and do it.
- What about a visit to the theatre with one of your single girlfriends? You won’t feel out of place here. There are lots of theatres to choose from in London or in most cities. Google theatres for the nearest ones to you.
- Plan a single girl’s get together. Order takeaway Indian, Chinese or whatever you like. Better still, each of you could cook and bring food to share. Put on your favourite CD’s, listen to music, chat, dance and have fun.
- Do you need pampering? If so, arrange for a Mary Kay consultant to come over. Have a pampering party. Invite close friends to come and get a facial, satin hands treatment and makeover. This will leave all of you feeling refreshed and relaxed.
- If you really want to do something different, a game of 10 pin bowling will do the job. Pop over to your local bowling club or bowling alley. Google bowling for a list of local clubs. Many bowling clubs have bars, American style foods, video games or even Karaoke rooms. This is the ultimate fun Valentine’s night with other single girlfriends.
- Bring the cinema to your house. Invite a few single friends over to watch their favourite films on DVDs. Buy lots of lip-smacking popcorn, ice cream, juice or wine. To create the right atmosphere, turn off the lights and hook up your TV to the speakers. Kick back, watch some great films and enjoy the evening.
So, there you have it. There is no reason you should stay at home wallowing alone on Valentine’s Day. Although you’re single, you can still have loads of fun. While couples are out romancing the night away, you’ll be doing what makes you happy. It’s a win, win situation.
Over to you…
What do you plan to do for Valentine’s Day? Does anything on this list appeal to you? Or can you add anything to it? I would love to hear your thoughts. Please share in the comment box below.
- It’s Valentine’s Day Again and You’re Still Single - 09/02/2018
- 5 Ways to Declutter Your Heart and Walk in Freedom – Part 2 - 12/01/2018
- Christmas Greetings and Thank you - 25/12/2017
- 5 Ways to Declutter Your Heart and Walk in Freedom – Part 1 - 01/12/2017
- 5 Simple Ways to Stimulate Inner Happiness - 19/05/2017