How to be Happily Single
Did you know that it’s possible to be happily single?
One day your ideal man could come into your life and you won’t be single any more. Guess what? You might wish you were single again.
Married couples envy single ladies and single ladies envy married couples. Enjoy where you are now. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?
“When I’m single, all I see are couples being happy. When I’m in a relationship, all I see are singles being happy.” ~ searchquotes.com
“Sometimes you have to stand alone to prove that you can still stand.” – Anonymous
1. Don’t worry – be happily single!
Do you think you can only find happiness from a man? I used to think like that. But I was wrong. Happiness comes from within. No man on earth can make you happy. They can make you feel good about yourself. But that’s only temporary. True happiness comes from loving and accepting yourself.
“If you aren’t happily single, then you won’t be happily taken. True happiness comes from within not from anyone else.” ~ Unknown
- Embrace your single life, accept it and grow in the knowledge of who you are as a woman.
- Use this time to discover your strengths, weaknesses and character. Develop the areas that needs to be perfected.
- Spend time on yourself and with yourself. Learn to enjoy and appreciate your own company.
- Discover your inner beauty and you’ll radiate happiness inside and out.
2. Be satisfied with your singleness
The best part of being single and satisfied is not stressing about a man stressing you out!
When you’re satisfied with being single your life will take on a new meaning. You’ll wake up in the morning feeling great. And actually look forward to the day ahead. Feeling good on the inside will make you look good on the outside.
The world is full of new opportunities. Go forward and never look back.
- Enrol on a part-time course. Learn something new, add to your creative skills and make new friends.
- Pamper yourself. Get a pedicure or manicure. Go for a relaxing massage to melt away the cares of life.
- Book yourself into a hotel for the weekend. If your budget doesn’t stretch that far, sit in Starbucks and enjoy a delicious cup of coffee or whatever drink you fancy.
- Do something fun. Write a novel, learn to zumba, salsa, bungee jump or whatever. Let your hair down and enjoy yourself.
- If the weather is nice sit in the park, read and book and listen to your favourite music.
3. Be patient in your waiting
Don’t be quick to say yes to any man because your friends are in relationships. Sometimes a life of singleness can make you hungry for a man. But starve that craving. Don’t rush for pizza when the steak is cooking.
Good things come to those who wait. You are special and you deserve to have a special man in your life.
I’ve been single for seven years and I am still waiting on God for my ideal partner. I’m in no rush. I used to jump from one dysfunctional relationship to another. And it cost me more than heartaches.
Being in a relationship with the wrong person is worse than living in hell. You’ll have no peace.
I discovered that loving myself was the key to loving someone else. Looking for love was not the answer.
I’ve achieved a lot of goals since I’ve been single.
- Value yourself and keep your reputation intact.
- Don’t let loneliness make you wake up next to a man the morning after full of regrets.
- Don’t chase after a man for love. Let him find you when the time is right.
- Desire to have the best. Develop the qualities of the man you want to meet. Then you’ll attract the right one for you.
- Don’t compromise your self-worth for the sake of a relationship.
Being happily single isn’t hard. If you have the correct mindset and accept your singleness, you can do it. I am single and happy and you can be too. I was a woman who couldn’t breathe without a man. Now I can exhale on my own and have never felt more fulfilled and confident in my entire life. The secret? I learnt to love myself instead of searching for a man to love me.
“You do not need to be loved, not at the cost of yourself. The single relationship that is truly central and crucial in a life is the relationship to the self. Of all the people you will know in a lifetime, you are the only one you will never lose.” ~ Quotekiss.com
Are you happily single? If not, what’s making you feel sad in your single life? Please share in the comments box below.