Have a Mind-Blowing Love Affair With yourself Always
Start the year off by being naughty. How? Have a love affair. But not with just anyone. I’m talking about having a love affair with yourself.
Don’t worry about what anyone else thinks. Only be concerned about yourself. You are the star of the show. Without you, there is no-show. Don’t forget, your show includes your partner – if you have one – plus your children, family, friends, work colleagues, business partners or anyone else involved in your life.
So, you see, you are an important woman. If the star of the show isn’t performing well, everything around you will seem like hard work. That’s why it’s important to love yourself. Your self-love will strengthen you, plus radiate and impact others. It’s like when you’re happy, people around you are happy. But if you’re miserable, you’ll drag down the moods of people connected to you.
Let me just clarify what I mean by loving yourself. It’s not about being proud or putting yourself on a pedestal. Neither is it about you thinking you’re better than anyone else. It’s about accepting who you are, enjoying being you, appreciating yourself and embracing your faults, warts and all.
Having a love affair with yourself is to love the woman you are, you, the woman your mother gave birth to. There is only one you. You are unique, beautiful, strong, powerful, amazing and much more…
How to love your unique self
The definition of unique is: ‘Being the only one of its kind, unlike anything else’. That is who you are. No other woman shares your fingerprints, looks, style, personality, traits, body figure, walk or talk like you and so on. It doesn’t matter whether you’re tall or short, fat or slim, have big boobs or small boobs, black or white with blue eyes or brown eyes. You are unique.
Maybe you’re not happy with some parts of your body, your weight, looks or whatever. But, until you’re comfortable in your own skin, it will be hard to love yourself.
So, discover who you are…
- Create ‘me’ time for yourself. Book a room in a hotel for a weekend, or visit a family member with a spare room. Make sure it’s another place, away from where you live. Go for solitary walks, enjoy nature, embrace the silence and focus on yourself. Enjoy your own company. Discover who you really are. Not someone else’s mother, girlfriend, wife, sister, daughter, fiance, auntie, etc. But how do you see yourself?
- Send positive, inspirational emails to yourself to empower, motivate and uplift you.
- Look at yourself in the mirror every morning. Say, “I love …… (your name) and I love everything about my body. I love every part of me. I am beautiful on the inside and out.”
- Pamper yourself often by treating yourself to something nice. Even if it’s just a box of your favourite chocolates. Go get a shampoo at the hairdressers, a manicure and your feet massaged. Make a habit of looking after yourself. Dress up for yourself, to please yourself.
How to see your beauty
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That’s right. We each have our own views about beauty. To me, beauty shows in your personality. It’s not just about looks, because looks will fade one day. But inner beauty will last a lifetime.
This is how you can identify your beauty…
- A beautiful person love and treat others as they would treat themselves.
- They embrace everyone despite their sexual orientation, race, age, size, cultural differences, etc.
- Being kind, patient, honest, forgiving and understanding will enhance your beauty.
- Loving yourself for who you are, and accepting your faults will also bring out your beauty. None of us are perfect. We all have limitations. But to become better, you have to constantly work on improving yourself.
- If you smile often, you’ll feel and look beautiful.
How to be a strong woman
A strong woman is a woman who can pick herself up after being kicked many, many times. She will forge ahead and use life’s harsh experiences and beatings, as lessons to push herself up, instead of down.
- There could be times when you felt like chucking in the towel. But an inner voice tells you no, because ‘Winners don’t quit and quitters don’t win’ so you carry on.
- It doesn’t matter how many times you fall in or out of love, been abused mentally, emotionally or physically. Each negative, cutting word that slices through your heart is a valuable lesson learnt.
- People may look down on you and give up on you. But you should never give up on yourself. Understand that those destructive remarks are just stepping-stones. Use them to help you step into a better and brighter future.
So you see, loving yourself is about self-growth and being the best woman you can possibly be. One who will have peace, contentment, happiness and love for yourself and for others. Like I said before, none of us are perfect, and you will never be perfect. But you can become perfectly lovely.
This is a series of empowering blog posts I will be writing. The next one is ‘How to Identify The Power You Possess‘. If you don’t want to miss any in the series, subscribe to this blog and get them delivered to your email inbox.
How do you love yourself? Do you have any tips for overcoming your limitations? I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments box below.
Feature image via Flickr by Thai Jasmine