19 Extraordinary Benefits of Rose Water
Summer is just around the corner. While winter demanded us to be extra careful about the moisture, summer usually makes the skin super oily. I wonder why can’t it be more friendly? These weather changes, no matter how challenging, are always super exciting for me and are worth paying heed to. I am a lover of experimenting and trying out different remedies. Figuring out the perfect one for me is my favorite hobby. Out of countless tried and tested face brightening and freshening remedies Rose Water has always been the best.
Dr. Deepali Bhardwaj, a world-class dermatologist says, “Rose water has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce the redness of irritated skin, get rid of acne, dermatitis and eczema. It is a great cleanser and aids in removing oil and dirt accumulated in clogged pores”.
Rose water has a history of being used as a cosmetic and medical product for centuries. It’s equally rewarding for every skin type and a sure way of enhancing skin glow. Coming from a South Asian background, I have always religiously made use of it in most of my beauty DIY.
Too excited to spill them all out today. So here goes:
How can you take the benefits of rose water to the fullest?
1. It refreshes dull skin and works as a moisturizer. This also helps tremendously with the acne problem (personal experience). I swear my back acne was not ready to leave me until rose water came to the rescue. Also, tried and tested on my facial skin.
2. It’s one of the best cleansers, especially for oily skin. There are many recipes floating around the internet with rose water as an important ingredient.
My personal favorite is:
1 tbsp ground oats
1 tbsp ground almond
1 tbsp honey
3. Mix them all together and add rose water to make a cleanser-like consistency. Use it as a regular cleanser.
4. It is best for oil control and maintains pH balance. Keep it in a spray bottle and use the spray twice daily after cleansing your face.
5. It’s quite beneficial for reducing redness of irritated skin. Use it like a spray for this reason too.
6. After facial cleansing, apply the mixture water as a toner to clean up open pores, restore glowing complexion and smooth skin.
7. It helps to cure cuts and wounds due to its antibacterial properties.
8. This wonder cure rejuvenates skin tissues and recovers damaged cells.
9. It prevents sunburns.
10. It has vitamin C in richer amounts and work as an antioxidant.
11. Apply rose water on your face before sleeping to help clear all impurities.
12. It can remove dark circles, fine lines, wrinkles and more. It’s also used as an anti-aging ingredient.
13. When cooled, it reduces puffiness under your eyes and soothes the tender skin around it.
14. It’s a natural hydrant which leaves the skin nourished.
15. It works great as a natural makeup setting spray. Put it in a spray bottle and spray all over your face after applying makeup. The makeup will stay put quite well.
16. It relaxes your mind and is added to herbal medicines for detoxification. The aroma of rose water fights stress.
17. Rose water is also added to organic beauty products for artificial fragrances.
18. Some studies also propose rose water as a natural hair conditioner.
19. It helps with digestion problems like constipation. Some also claim that rose water helps in relieving respiratory illness like a cold or flu.
20. If added in the bath tub, it works as a skin conditioner.
Bonus Recipe for making Rose Water at Home
This can easily be found in any South Asian shops. If it’s not available in your area, I’ve got an easy recipe to make your own fresh rose water at home.
All you need is:
- Rose petals (from 10 roses)
- Water (1 liter)
Pour the water into a kettle or pan and bring it to the boil. Next, turn down the heat and put in the rose petals. Turn off the stove after 20 minutes.
Viola! Your DIY rose water is ready.
Important Note: Keep it refrigerated and make sure to use it within 20 days.
If you are a beauty DIY lover like me, you will surely love my where I have gathered all easy 2-ingredient DIY for hair, eyes and lips as well as for glowing and soft skin. Check it on my online magazine .
This is a guest post by Unaiza Khalid who loves experimenting and writing about beauty products.
Over to you…
Have you tried rose water for health or beauty? What was your experience? Please share your thoughts in the comments box below.