11 Shocking Responses to I Love You
If you sent a text message to your man saying “I love you,” how would you expect him to react?
What if he texted back saying, “Who is this?” You’d probably think he’s having a laugh. Wouldn’t you? But what if he’s serious. What would you do?
Single ladies, take note of what you’re about to read. Married ladies, pay extra attention! Men, if you’re reading this, please wake up!
A group of women attended a one day seminar on how to live in a loving relationship with their husbands. The speaker asked women to raise their hands if they loved their husbands. Each of the women raised their hands.
Secondly, he asked them to share the last time they said to their husbands “I love you.” Some couldn’t remember, others said today and the rest said yesterday.
Next, he told them to send a text message to their husbands. The message was, “I love you sweetheart.”
Finally, after sending the messages they had to swap phones with each other. They read the text replies from their husbands.
Is it really me you love?
Below is a list of responses from the husbands:
- “I don’t understand what you mean.”
- “What now! Did you crash the car again?”
- “Don’t beat about the bush. Just tell me how much you need?”
- “Eh, mother of my children. Are you sick?”
- “Am I dreaming???
- “I love you too.”
- “I asked you not to drink any more! I leave if you’re tired of me.”
- “If you don’t tell me who this message is actually for, someone will die!”
- “Who is this?”
- “What did you do now? I won’t forgive you this time!”
Wow! Those replies were startling. But guess what?
It’s a joke!
Although this is a joke I wanted to share with you, I’m going to put a different spin on it. Let’s imagine that it really happened.
This is what I think.
Maybe it was the first time the husbands had a text message of love from their wives. So instead of their hearts leaping, they were suspicious, surprised or just rude.
It could be that the fire in their love lives fizzled out after years of married life. Some couples who’s been married for a long time tend to . It’s easy to fall into a pattern of showing brotherly and sisterly love especially when routine sets in. But like a kindling fire, love will eventually fizzle out if it’s not maintained properly.
Handle love like you handle fire.
According to a Purdue University website, “The three components that make fire sustainable include oxygen, heat and fuel. If any one of these three components is missing or lacking, a fire will not continue to burn.”
One of the components you need to keep a fire healthy is oxygen. Let’s look at how you can use oxygen to keep your love sizzling.
How to put oxygen in ‘I love you’
“Your love is so powerful. You lift me up, I no longer cry. You pump life into my veins. Take it away and I will die. Your Love is My Oxygen. It’s the lifeline to my heart. I’m so glad I found you. I’ll love you till death do us part.” Lyrics from Your Love is My Oxygen.
You need oxygen to survive. Likewise, a relationship needs love to survive and stay healthy.
How do you put oxygen in your love life?
- Demonstrate your love to your partner. Don’t just tell, show as well. Words are cheap so take action.
- Spend quality time together. Choose a day of the week when you’re able to go out on romantic dates. Or even for a walk in the park.
- Communicate and take time to talk properly. Don’t skim the surface of conversations and mumble your replies. Actively listen and respond.
- Cook a special meal. Light some candles, dress the table and play soft music in the background.
- Make your partner feel special and important. Put love notes in their pockets for them to find when they’re out.
- Take turns to massage each other regularly, especially after a stressful day at work.
- Keep the heat burning steady in your relationship. Live each day with each other like it’s the last day together.
- Remember how love was sweet when you first met? Recapture those feelings.
- Work hard at keeping the wow factor that sparked the love fire in the first place.
Saying ‘I love you’ is a shared experience. Love is one of the most sensational experiences ever. But you have to work at it. Cherish it and nurture it. Next time you tell your partner you love them, smile as you remember the joke about the couples at the seminar!
Photo credit: FreeDigitalphotos.net
So what can you do to keep your love sizzling and stop the fire from burning out? Share the love and share this post with your friends if you enjoyed it! 🙂